First, artificial grass has long, smooth blades of grass that look exactly like real grass — so much like real grass that you won’t believe it’s not real until you reach down and touch it. You can also choose varieties with varigated (i.e. naturally patterned) color strands and backing to make it look even more real.
So it looks 100% real, but it requires zero maintenance. You might have to hose it off once a month or so. That’s it.
We think the picture says it all:
The three biggest benefits to artifical grass are:
- It creates an ever-pristine, and totally real looking lawn — no patchy spots, no shaggy grass from lack of mowing, and no weeds. Just beautiful grass.
- It requires no maintenance, which means it eats up none of your time or your landscaping dollars.
- It saves a ton of water, which is especially important in drought-ridden California. So not only is it better for the environment, but it saves you time and money as well.
- Yes, you have to get over the fact that it’s not real grass. Consider, if you spend more time trying to keep your grass looking nice than enjoying it, you should give artificial grass a serious look.
How Artifical Grass Manages to Look Real
The short answer is new technology. The slightly more complicaed answer is technological advancements in plastic yarn extrusion, thatch texturizing, and overall product construction.
In other words, instead of astroturf looking like green carpet, artificial grass is able to mimic real blades of grass through better “yarn extrusion” technology, and those grass blades are able to be combined into sod-like rolls through thatch texturizing, which better simulates the natural undergrowth of real grass and mimics the underfoot feel of real grass.
Also, the ability of installation crews to create invisible seems, ads to artifical grass’s ability to fully mimic the look of lush green expanse of lawn.
When it comes to coloring, new technology can allow for naturally and subtly varied (i.e., variegated) grass blade colors. Along the same lines, the thatching on artifical grass will be tan color to match the color of natural thatch, adding to the realistic look.
In terms of weather resistance, artificial grass is self draining and performs wonderfully in the rain and is also very durable to traffic. Nylon grass is especially durable, and many manufacturers offer a XX year warranty on their grass.
Why Use Agile For Your Artificial Grass?
There are two parts to this answer:
First, you would want to use AGILE Remodelers for your artificial grass for the same reason you would want to use AGILE for any energy remodel project: because you can be assured of great project management, customer support, quality products, and workmanship of installation.
Second, because you’re not likely to ONLY install artificial grass as part of your energy remodel, or to only want artificial grass as the sole home upgrade you desire for your house. So, since you want to do a veriety of energy remodeling projects (such as windows, solar panels, insulation, etc.) using AGILE just makes sense, as we can handle the PACE funding for you, plan your whole remodel, and coordinate all of the paperwork, ordering, scheduling, and oversite.
No more watering, mowing, edging, blowing, fertilizing, and lawn pest control — it all adds up
You probably haven’t ever tracked just how much your grass costs you, but the truth is that it costs a lot, both in terms of time, money, and environmental burdens.
Collectively, Americans spend an estimated $40 Billion per year on lawn care or somewhere around 30 cents per square foot of grass, which works out to $1200 for a typical home with a 50’ X 100’ lot. Plus, each American spends an average of 72 hours per year maintaining their lawn.
That’s a lot of time and money, and it doesn’t even take into account the increased cost of water in California drought conditions.
You’re likely to reach ROI in 5 years IF you don’t take into account your saved time and IF you pay for the turf out of pocket. With PACE funding, you essentially reach ROI on day one — and especially so on the first weekend you realize that you don’t have to mow the lawn!
You’ll be surprised just how fast and easy the installation is
It’s three simple steps:
- You select the artificial grass that will look and work best for your home, and we buy the grass and schedule the installation.
- Our contracted work crew comes out, removes the grass you currently have, and lays down and compacts sand on your newly-barren yard. This ensures nothing grows up under the new artificial grass.
- The installation crew lays down the artificial grass, staking it down into the ground, and creating invisible seems, so that the only thing you see is lush, green, and totaly real looking lawn.
That’s it. The actual yard preparation takes a day and the installation takes a day. So the actual installation process takes two days. The ordering and scheduling of everything takes only a week or two.
After the grass is installed you’ll be able to enjoy a pristine, maintenance-free lawn, that needs nothing more than an occasional hosing down.
When you include artificial grass in your Agile Remodelers’ Energy Remodel, you’ll get the following:
- High quality, realistic looking artificial grass, in the color scheme and length of your choice.
- Full, done-for-you removal of your existing grass
- Professional, seamless installation of your artificial grass
- After-the-sale customer service and a full manufacturers warranty
- More than a decades worth of zero lawn care hassles
- 72 hours of your life back every year in saved lawn care
- Instant ROI on saved lawn care expenses
- Lower water bill
As you can see, artificial grass really is the lawn of the future — especially for eco and water-conscious Californians. And AGILE Remodelers makes it easy.
Stop wasting time, water, and money on your natural grass — let us set you up with beautiful, maintenance-free artificial grass.
Talking to us is free, and by the end of the conversation, you’ll know exactly how much PACE funding you’ve been approved for, and what energy remodel projects match your desires and needs best.